TITAN Radius Mote
SDI-12 Wireless LPWAN Slave
Create a Seamless, Low-Power Wide-Area Wireless Network for SDI-12 Sensors
The Radius Mote uses unlicensed wireless spectrum to seamlessly connect SDI‐12 sensors to a central Radius Gateway over long distances—up to 15 km (9.3 miles), and up to 60 km (37 miles) using Radius Repeaters.
Radius networks incorporate advanced low power, long range wireless technologies with proprietary mechanical engineering, power management and power supply to eliminate the need for expensive supporting infrastructure (large batteries, solar panels, enclosures, cables). By eliminating this infrastructure as well as the need for a data logger and communications uplink at each sensor site, the cost of the entire sensor network is reduced dramatically.
- All-in-one: Integrated radio, battery, power management, enclosure, mounting bracket—nothing else required.
- Automatic: devices self-configure and form a wireless network automatically.
- Simple: works out of the box. No tools required to install.
- Extremely low power consumption: solar panel generally not needed, lasts for years without needing recharging.
- Durable: IP67/IP68 rating for reliable long-term deployments in harsh environments.
- Two battery options: rechargeable Li-ion or non-rechargeable, high-capacity, sub-freezing temperature tolerant.
- Seamless: the Mote is recognized as an SDI-12 device, so can be configured through any data logger, or through the cloud via a 2-way cellular connection like Orbit Xo. Controller devices interface with sensors connected to a Mote natively (they have no idea there is a wireless network in between).
- Scalable: Up to 10 sensors per Mote/slave, 6 Motes/slaves per repeater, 3 repeaters per network.
The Radius LPWAN Network
Each Mote/slave provides a wireless SDI‐12 LPWAN bridge between a sensor and a Radius Gateway/master (which connects to data logger or uplink) or a Radius Repeater (extends the network even farther).
Request a Quote
Let’s discuss your needs today.
|Range||Up to 15 km (9.3 miles). Signals can penetrate certain foliage, buildings and obstructions. Range depends on antenna height/type and obstacles in path of line of sight.|
|Wireless frequency||915 and 868 MHz certified, 860‐930 MHz frequency range|
|Maximum number of sensors||10|
|Sensor power||12VDC switched, during measure‐ ment|
|Maximum output current||138 mA (12V), up to 500 mA pulse (12V) with capacitor battery option (available 2018-Q3)|
|Sensor protocol||SDI‐12, v.1.3|
|On-board sensors||Temperature sensor for optimizing power management and battery charging in cold operations.|
|Operating temperature||‐40°C to 75°C|
|Storage temperature||‐40°C to 75°C|
|Input voltage||10‐18V, reverse polarity protected.|
|Internal battery options||Primary: 8.6Ah ‐ 38Ah, 3.6V
Secondary: 10Ah Li‐ion rechargeable
Custom option: Hybrid
|TX output power||128 mA|
|Optional external battery pack||10‐18V|
|LED indicators||RSSI, sensor, battery, operating status|
|Weight (excluding battery)||12.8 oz (400g)|
|Weight (including full battery configuration)||19.2 oz (600g)|
|External antenna||Wip antenna, high-gain omnidirectional|
|Security||128 bit AES encryption|
Custom mechanical and power packages available.
We’ll be happy to send you a copy of the datasheet, but we’d like to know more about you so we can tailor our collateral package to your application.