Orbit GOES.Link Radius
All-in-One GOES transmitter + SPI-12 LPWAN Wireless Gateway
Orbit GOES.Link Radius is a GOES-based uplink and LPWAN gateway in one device. It includes all hardware (external battery pack not included), software and services needed for data acquisition and transmittal to cloud-based data storage via the GOES network, plus viewing and analysis. It also features Radius LPWAN technology, functioning as a Radius Gateway/Master in an SDI-12 wireless network.
Orbit GOES.Link Radius is a 300 or 1200 baud GOES transmitter that sends data via the GOES Data Collection System (DCS).
The Orbit Xo Radius will both collect data from sensors connected to it, act as a data hub for all SDI-12 sensors (connected to Radius Motes), in an LPWAN network and automatically forward all data to the cloud via GOES. This eliminates the need to buy both a Gateway for your LPWAN network and a separate GOES uplink.
- Includes everything except a power source (external battery pack not included) in an integrated system for quick, reliable deployments.
- Connects to Radius Motes/Slaves to permit cellular connection to remote SDI-12 sensors.
- Weatherproof packaging for deployment in harsh environments. Quick-connect military-style connectors.
- Supports SDI-12, analog, and pulse sensors, providing flexible deployment options.
- Data logged locally on an SD flash storage card for temporary storage between transmits and as redundant backup.
- One year subscription to CloudInsight cloud-based hub software included.
- Up to 10 sensors per Mote/slave, 6 Motes/slaves per repeater, 3 repeaters per network.
We’ll be happy to send you a copy of the datasheet, but we’d like to know more about you so we can tailor our collateral package to your application.
The Radius LPWAN Network
Each Mote/slave provides a wireless SDI‐12 LPWAN bridge between a sensor and a Radius Gateway/master (which connects to data logger or uplink) or a Radius Repeater (extends the network even farther).
CloudInsight Turns Data Into Actionable Information
Request a Quote
Let’s discuss your needs today.
COMMUNICATIONS - LPWAN
|Range||Up to 15 km (9.3 miles). Signals can penetrate certain foliage, buildings and obstructions. Range depends on antenna height/type and obstacles in path of line of sight.|
|Wireless frequency||915 and 868 MHz certified, 860‐930 MHz frequency range|
|Operating temperature||‐40°C to 75°C|
|Storage temperature||‐40°C to 75°C|
Listen/idle: 300 μA
Stop/idle: 1.65 μA
During GPS acquisition: 350 mA
300 BPS transmission:2.4 A
1200 BPS transmission3.5A
|Input voltage||10‐18V, reverse polarity protected.|
|Internal battery options||Primary: 8.6Ah ‐ 38Ah, 3.6V
Secondary: 10Ah Li‐ion rechargeable
Custom option: Hybrid
|TX output power||
LPWAN: 128 mA
300 BPS transmission: 34.77 dBm (3 W max.)
1200 BPS transmission: 40.0 dBm (10 W max.)
|Optional external battery pack||10‐18V|
|Transmission timing accuracy||Meets NESDIS specifications|
|GPS time accuracy||Within 0.01 s (10 ms) UTC|
|Reporting||Self-timed or random reporting|
|Format||ASCII or pseudo binary|
|LED indicators||RSSI, sensor, battery, operating status, transmit, receive, failsafe, power, GPS lock status, built in self test (BIST)|
|Weight (excluding battery)||12.8 oz (400g)|
|Weight (including full battery configuration)||19.2 oz (600g)|
|External antenna||Wip antenna, high-gain omnidirectional|
|Security||128 bit AES encryption|